Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Moosehead Siding - Progress

Last night, I finished roughing in the buss wire, and soldered the feeders.  For the buss I am using 12 AWG wire, and for the feeders I opted for 22 AWG wire.  For good continuity, I soldered a feeder to every rail. 



After the last connections were made, I hooked the power pack up, placed a loco on the track, cranked up the power and....... Nothing happened.  Uh oh.  I checked all the connections, everything good.  Check the power pack output, no issues there.  After a bit of head scratching, I noticed I failed to cut a gap in the rails adjacent to the #7 switch.


Notice to the right of the frog, the rails butt together.  I need to change that.

So tonight, I will need to cut a gap, and add a feeder to power the frog.  I'll have an update soon, and maybe even some video!

No comments:

Post a Comment