Friday, October 13, 2017

Back on the Bench - A GP9 Project Update

It has been a long while since I've posted on my Somerset GP9s, in fact I last mentioned them back in January.  Since then, they mainly have sat on the back burner, while I focused on my Moosehead modules.  One of my greatest issues with modeling is I have a hard time focusing on a project and seeing it through from start to finish.  In the past few weeks, I've made some further progress towards completing these.


Replaced the MU hoses with a set from Details West.  The MU box on the walkway is a Proto part.


Installing new fans from Cannon.

Fan installation complete.  I later painted the fan grilles, leaving the fan blades shiny.



 Installing grabirons.  These are from Detail Associates.  I used 0.030" styrene as spacers. 


Ready for weathering.  All parts installed, decals sealed.   After weathering is complete, I'll install the window glass and number boards.  Then, I'll put together the electronics package, but that will be for another post.


Close up of 842


And of 843 


Meeting the neighbors.  The Somerset geeps meet a CP westbound extra led by C424 4247.



No comments:

Post a Comment