Sunday, January 1, 2017

Gotta Start Somewhere

Welcome!  This blog has been a long time coming, as I made the decision almost a year ago to start this.  Well, there's no time like the present!

This blog will focus on my construction of my layout, focused on Somerset Junction, with the occasional diversion here and there covering train shows I attend, operation sessions, model building projects etc.  Somerset Junction is located at Mile 49 on the Canadian Pacific Moosehead Subdivision and at Mile 85.3 on the former Somerset Mainline.  In history, the Somerset was purchased but the Maine Central Railroad in 1911 and incorporated into the MEC as the Kineo (later Madison) branch.  With my layout I will be taking a few liberties with history, but that we will save for another post.  

I hope this blog becomes an interactive forum for discussing railroading in the Moosehead region of Maine.  I will try to post here regularly, but my life of late keeps my model building time somewhat irregular.


CMQ Train #1 at Moosehead Siding (11/17/16), four miles east of Somerset Junction.


No comments:

Post a Comment