Tuesday, July 11, 2017

On the Road

I was sent to southeast Connecticut for much of the month of June for a work project.  Spending several weeks in a hotel away from home can be challenging.  Fortunately, as a modeler, it is easy enough to pack up your workbench and take some projects with you.  I was lucky enough that I could drive this trip, flying creates challenges with how much stuff you can take and hazardous materials (not like we ever use anything in that category)

Here's a few photos of my on the road setup.

Most hotels include desk space that can be converted to a workbench.  Plenty of hand tools, parts, extra lighting and a computer for photos are key components of my work area, home and away.
 

 I used a couple of totes to carry my tools and projects.  Look close and you will see a few things that will appear in this blog in the future.




Another benefit for me being on the road, is that there usually is plenty of opportunities to railfan new places.  I will save the results of this trip for another post.  Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment