Saturday, March 4, 2017

Modules - Part 3

Over the past week I have been able to make a little more progress on my modules.  Last week I reported that the subroadbed was installed.  This week I installed 2" foam adjacent to the roadbed risers, which I will carve into the appropriate contours to reflect the prototype.  To secure the foam to the module, I used a foam friendly adhesive (I used Loctite PL-300).  I laid a bead of adhesive to the module, and installed the foam.  After placing the foam, I installed the cork roadbed for the mainline and section of the siding.  The remainder of the siding cork will be installed after I template the switches that will be installed to ensure correct placement of the cork.  Finally, after laying the foam and cork, I added weight (bricks) to the modules to ensure that the foam and cork would bed down into the adhesive and not lift out prior to the adhesive drying.


After a few days to let the adhesive secure, I removed the bricks and snapped a few photos.

End view, looking west

Future location of Moosehead Siding,  looking east

Prototype photo of CMQ Job #1, West end of Moosehead Siding

East Outlet Bridge, looking east

Prototype photo of CMQ Job #1, East Outlet Bridge
photo graciously provided by Harry Gordon

No comments:

Post a Comment